Winter Storm On The Horizon (UPDATED)

UPDATE  2.2.2010 

Snowfall Totals:  West Chester, PA –  1.8″ ,  Vineland, NJ – 4″ ,  Woodbine, NJ – 7″  , Cape May Point, NJ – 11″

UPDATE  1.30.2010

Winter’s  triple threat is spreading snow a little further north than initially expected yesterday.  This means 3-6″ of snow now for Dover, DE and south, and the southern tip of New Jersey (Cape May). If the snow continues to spread north we could find ourselves with 1-3″ of snow. It’s is amazing how less than 50 miles makes a huge difference. Stay tuned and be prepared for changing road conditions if the snow begins to fall.

UPDATE 1.28.2010 Forecast from 1.28.2009

Since the last forecast on January 26th a few things have changed. It appears that the Low Pressure will take a more easterly track instead of turning north towards the Delmarva. This means the difference in seeing 5-8 inches and no inches.  A minor adjustment in the storm track is crucial and as of now it looks like Virginia and North Carolina will see the majority of the precipitation with the Eastern Shore of Maryland picking up some potential snow in the Assateague National Seashore…but with weather you never know. Stay tuned.

Forecast from 1.26/2010

Current Forecasts Continue To Call For A Slow Moving  Pacific Winter Storm Moving From The Southern California Coast Across The Heart Of New Mexico Early Wednesday Through Friday. Forecasts Also Show A Cold Front Plunging Southward Across The Eastern Plains On Thursday Which Will Bring Cold Air In Place For Snow Or A Change Over To Snow or Freezing Rain In Most Areas Along The Texas Panhandle and Northern Texas.

However; This Storm Is Also Forecasted To Intensify As It Moves East Into The Tennesse Valley And For The Cities of DC , Philadelphia, New York City and Boston You Could Find Yourself In A Nor’Easter By The End Of The Week. Stay Tuned For More Information.

Current Forecast for West Chester, PA:

Friday Night: 40% Chance of snow.  Low 13                                Saturday: 60% Chance of Snow.  High. 26                                            Saturday Night: 40% Chance of Snow. Low 15

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s